Friday, May 07, 2010

The sisterhood of the travelling....Teabag?

So, I depart this afternoon to a much anticipated and long time coming vacation to Honolulu. It has been since 2005 that my husband and I have stepped foot into an airport - however their was that one time that I drove my parents to the airport at 3am to catch a flight to paradise. Oh right! how that slipped my mind! A happy exciting memory as a chauffeur.

I wake up this morning to the ever so lovely sounds of a Flem coughing husband.
Fab-u-lous! 
Our exciting departure at 3:30pm is sounding more like a death sentence. Ha Ha In a very desperate attempt to rewind time, I have pumped him to the knickers with Immunizen and even so low to have googled "instant cure for sore throat" - as I shove a glass of warm lemony, honey, cayenne water in his face, yelling gargle damn it! gargle! gargle! He surprising puts his foot down. Okay - so I tried - doesn't he know that the Internet MD said it would work? 

I make my husband toast (to scratch his throat) and yogurt (for some probionics) I tell him I will do all his chores (and mine) so that he can sleep it off. 
* Garbage
* Recycle
* Kitty Litter Box 
* Vacuum
* Make the Bed
* Complete Packing

It all gets done and now I rest, doing every voodoo or religious chant in my head in hopes my husband will wake up cured. If he doesn't, I am pretty sure that chocolate milk I have ready for him will cover the look of the warm yellowy reddish water our Internet MD suggests :)

I have not too much more to worry about other than my cat being looked after by my father-in-law. Which really doesn't sounds that dangerous unless you consider that his only pets in life have ever been a Mule, Cow, Horse, German Shepard and Pitt-Bull. Should I be worried. Does he really understand that she weight only 6lbs, doesn't require shoes or milking and wont enjoy fetching a bone?!? Hmmmmm

Lets hope all goes well. Fingers crossed!

We have many things on our "to see and do" list next to R&R on the beach for this vacation.
The top 3 being Afternoon Tea Hawai'ian Style, Shopping at their Premium Outlets in Waikele and eating at Hank's Haute Dogs which was featured on Triple D's - Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (haven't told you all yet - I'm an avid "cooking network" watcher - and by avid I mean a ridiculously inhuman amount of viewing the same channel in one sitting). The extensive research I have done for High Tea has found me 3 locations for that I hope to sit and sip at while ensuring I get great shots for you all to see (and wish you were here).

I will have Internet access with a laptop however I am not entirely sure if it will be as accessible as they say (and by accessible I really mean if I find the time - Ha Ha - lets be honest the Pina Colada go down a lot smoother when served out of a Coconut Shell and god knows what I might start to babble on about on here after a few).

So, as this may be the last time you hear from me in a week. I want you all to know this one thing:

"There are those who love to get dirty. They drink coffee at dawn, beer after work. And those who stay clean. At breakfast they have milk and juice at night. There are those who do both, they drink Tea."

Mahalo!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails