Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Tea Tasting: Pumpkin Chai


Tea Company: DAVIDsTEA

Tea Name: Pumpkin Chai
{Let's face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. Its got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It'll make you wish it were fall all year round}

Tea Type
: Black


Tea Tasting Location
: My lovely, perfectly plump, beige {one day we will wonder what we had been thinking when we chose this color - but for now it fits our lifestyle just fine}... Couch


Tea Accompaniments
: A dash of Cream and a grand helping of Brown Sugar


Leave Rating
: 4.9

5 for the best and 1 for the worst

{I know right? Tea Lovers everywhere....put down the fine china.... get your caffeinated asses to DAVIDsTEA....and pick up a bag of this bad boy before Fall becomes Spring and you miss out on this cuppa comfort}

Liquor Color: Pumpkin Orange, with Dark Golden Watery Edges and If Bliss were a color, it would be this.

Aroma
: First and foremost I caught a steamy waft of Ginger, Cardamom and Cinnamon, which pretty much put me into a comfort coma. At which point it woke me with the sweet perfume of Caramel and Pumpkin. After I took the first smell, I looked at my husband and said "I think this might steel the tea-biscuit trophy from Creamy Earl Grey!". He giggled and said I was crazy...and by crazy I'm sure he meant insane. Ha Ha


Taste
: Mmmm Mmmm {if that were a description of perfection, I would leave it at just that}. This amazing cuppa lovely was full bodied yet not over powering, Perfectly sweet and Ridiculously Smooth. A fabulous combination of Fall Spices and Flavors.


I honestly cannot rave about this Tea enough. This is going to be my new "go to" Tea for the Fall.... Sorry to say, but the Creamy Earl Grey has taken the Bronze Metal forgoing its Gold to the Pumpkin Chai. My oh my...I never thought I'd live to see the day. I just wonder if my Dad will make the switch like me. Time will tell {this weekend at Thanksgiving Dinner will be the test - come back for the verdict...you know you wanna}.


XOXO
Yours Truly






3 comments:

Rebekka Seale said...

I really wish my palate was sophisticated enough to taste tea properly. It just hasn't gone there yet. I am in awe of this. Very cool.

xx
Rebekka

LahTeaDah said...

You don't {really} need any sophistication in your palate to enjoy this Tea...I promise! Its a must try this Fall...honest to goodness. If you like a full bodied black tea - you'll love this! If not, you can put it in a bowl in your living room and use it as potpourri.

Thanks for your comments. I LOVE them!

XOXO
Yours Truly

Andraea said...

So, I'm a diehard DavidsTea lover... and discovered your blog through their email newsletter.

Needless to say, I'm following your blog now :D two of my favourite things: TEA, and fashion.

Makes me want to write in my own blog more, haha.

Related Posts with Thumbnails