Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tea Tasting Notes: Organic Neem Nectar Tea

I got ANOTHER fabulous package in the mail, this time from the ever so fabulous company Teatulia. Boasting a whopping nine different Tea Bags for me to sample and review. Boy oh Boy, do I ever have my work cut out for me. My nose and lips are acting as a 5 year old child on Christmas Morning....sniffing, snorting and wet with excitement! Okay - that just sounds wrong. But you catch my drift right? 


A little about Teatulia:

Our approach to farming is truly revolutionary. In our garden, we have implemented "natural farming" practices that result in a "closed loop" eco and social system. No pesticides, machinery or unnatural irrigation are used in the cultivation. We let Mother Nature encourage out Tea and Herbs, which rejuvenates the land. Consequently, ten years since its inception, our "virgin" garden, developed and fallow land, in now a thriving ecosystem teeming with once endangered flora and fauna.

Our teas and herbal infusions come directly from the first USDA-Certified Organic garden in Bangladesh. There are no middlemen, No long term warehousing.

The Teatulia Cooperative creates sustainable prosperity for Bangladeshi women, men and children through education, entrepreneurship, health and cattle-lending programs.
Some examples of Teatulia's social programs include; Poverty alleviation through cattle rearing, farm sharing, distribution of herbal and medicinal plants, health and hygiene programs, adult literary education and recreation for the youth.


Tea Company: Teatulia

Tea Name: Organic Neem Nectar Tea
* Black Tea Inspired to Greatness by the Magical Neem Tree

I know most of your faces looked of mine after reading the Tea Name. Say What??!!? 

Neem Tree: Native to places such as Indian and Sir Lanka, The Neem Tree is deemed the Sacred Tree, The Heal-All Tree and even called Natures Drugstore. The entire Tree being used for medical purposes from the Seeds, Leaves, Flowers and its Bark is also used in Tea mostly for its medical purposes.

Want to read up more about the Neem Tree, here are a few sites I suggest visiting:

Wikipedia
Discover Neem
Ayurvedam 


Tea Type: Black

Tea Tasting Location: The Office - nothing like the TV Show, however I wouldn't doubt that us 10 ladies (ranging from our 20's to over 50) couldn't pull of a bad ass reality show!!! Any takers?

Tea Accompaniments: A Glug of Cream with a Dash of Sugar

Leave Rating: 4.0
5 being the best - 1 being the worst

Liquor Color: Golden. Very Silky looking with a deep inner liquor color of near black brown

Aroma: Light, Woodsy and Smooth. I found it a little tough to get colossal waft to give a better description. It gave very little to smell however I wouldn't say that was set back, I just felt more intrigued to sip.

Taste: Go Figure, after such a soft aroma, I got a Bold, Deep and Full Bodied first sip. Assuming the Neem Nectar is what stood out (as I would be lying if I said I knew exactly what the Neem Nectar tastes of) I got a Woodsy Flavor with after notes of Black Tea. a Very sneaky Tea I would say - soft smell, bold taste! 

Comments: All in all it was a fabulous sip. Very surprised by its magic abilities, smelling of an angel and tasting like the devil........Rawr! I'd say it is worth keeping on the top shelf, if not for myself to enjoy, then to surprise Tea Party Guests with a devilish delight.


XOXO
Yours Truly


Steeping...desk side

TIMES UP......everyone out of the pool!



Sipping between orders :) yes, that's right - I'm multi-tasking! Not just a pretty face!

All good things have to end.... so they say. Until the next cup!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails